Thursday, August 12, 2010
Have your allergy symptoms gotten worse during the hot, humid summer days? Household humidity is an important consideration. If the humidity level in the house is too low, nasal passages will become irritated. A humidity level that is too high promotes dust mites and mold. The ideal relative humidity is between 35% and 50% . This can be accomplished in dry environments with use of a humidifier or vaporizer and in wet environments or during wet seasons with a dehumidifier. Humidifiers and dehumidifiers must be cleaned frequently to prevent the buildup of mold in the equipment. The best units are those with sensors that turn on and off to maintain the desired degree of humidity. FP Essentials.